Subject: [Leica] Re: Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Jan 22 08:16:15 2005

Seth Rosner wrote"
> > My point is that consumer glass has reached the standards of Leica
> > glass from years back. Actually, it has surpassed it.
>
> Daniel, forgive my bluntness: utter rubbish. Such a statement tends to
> disqualify everything you write.
>
> Seth

I actually agree with Daniel, though certainly not
all consumer glass.   There are some fantastic
(relatively)  low-priced consumer lenses.

The Canon 35mm f2.0 lens or 50mm f1.4 (or even f1.8)
or 85mm f1.8 (Canon because that's what I use; I expect
more or less the same from other competent camera/lens
manufacturers) certainly surpass most if not alll
that Leica offered from the 1950's, early 60's,
in terms of optical performance, no ?

- Phong

Replies: Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Re: Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x)
Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x)