Subject: [Leica] PAWs 2 and 3
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Fri Jan 21 21:45:31 2005

jim,

send me one in the mail, and i'll be glad to use it!

i cleaned this enlarging lens up tonight.  it's a focotar f/4.5, serial
number 1767x (not sure why everyone always leaves off the end of serial
numbers).  it cleaned up okay.  there is either a nick or a piece of
fungus right in the middle of the rear element, pretty tiny but
noticable.  the front element is a little foggy, as if  there's a film
on the inside.

mechanically it's great.  i'm not sure about the enlarger yet.  it
still moves up and down and focuses smoothly.  there's little
corrosion--it seems to be made heavily of brass.

--brad

--
brad daly
brad@bradbrad.com

What Would Bill Hicks Say?

"There is no state in this union with a bigger chip on its shoulder
than Alabama."
        --Wayne Flynt