Subject: [Leica] PAWs 2 and 3
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Fri Jan 21 15:11:20 2005

don,

unfortunately, i'm no longer in chicago.  my then-wife and i decided to
divorce in the summer of 2003, and i moved back to birmingham.  in
hindsight, i wish i'd stayed in chicago, but it seemed like a good idea
at the time, as all my friends were here, etc.  i'm still kinda
knockin' around trying to figure out what i want to do.  i haven't done
a whole lot of photography in the past year, but i'm trying to get back
into it.  i've moved into a new apartment in which i can have a
darkroom (if i ever get around to stacking all the junk on one wall to
make space to set it up).  i'm going with an editor friend tomorrow to
shoot an abortion protest (not sure if it's pro-life or pro-choice),
which ought to be interesting.

i've also come into possession of a leitz focomat Ic enlarger with a
leitz enlarging lens.  it's been stored in a damp basement, which gives
me serious worries.  the enlarger itself seems to be in pretty good
shape, if dirty.  i'm not sure yet about the lens.  there's a lot of
crud on both the front and rear elements, so we'll have to see.  i
looked at it pretty closely through a lamp, and there appears not to be
any fungus on the inside, but the lens smells fungusy.  the aperture
ring is still as smooth as silk and the oil on the blades shows no
signs of internal dust at all.

--brad

--
brad daly