Subject: [Leica] Film
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Jan 19 23:34:57 2005

Just shot my friends wedding, as the official shooter. Several other
guests shot digital D60, D10, Nikon D100. (it's the movie biz so
everyone is a photographer...)

I shot Fuji 160NPS and Kodak 400 Porta NC, which I have been scanning
on my Nikon SCS 5000ED.

I had totally forgotten just how good, professional color print stock
looks. I hate to say it, but the neg scans look so much more lush than
the digital stuff. The white gowns in particular (it was a bright sunny
day here in Los Angeles). The film shots just have so much more dynamic
range, it's not even funny. The Nikon scanner is putting out 3670x5625
scans, which are blazing sharp (current 2/50 Cron R and M). The big
advantage that the digital shots have is the auto white balance and the
Nikon D100 was better at it than the Canons.  The Canon did really
badly with tungsten lighting, very warm. The digital advantage really
becomes obvious in mixed light...

Secondly, thank Solms for the M7 and AE. Absolutely amazing. It's hard
to believe that the whole metering system consists of a blotch of white
paint and a meter cell.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com