Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 2: Berlin snaps and a gallery
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jan 16 23:04:44 2005

On my way home from Poland in early January, I stopped in Berlin for a
couple of days to visit a friend from my Brussels days who now lives
there. My previous visit to the city was in 1992, and the changes that
have occurred since then are truly amazing. Berlin is a big city, with
lots of broad boulevards like Paris or Madrid, but now has a totally
modern feel to it. For my PAWs, I have chosen some people snaps and some
(hopefully) non-standard views of a couple of landmarks.

First, a couple at the Balzac Caf?:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_2.jpg

We happened upon this guy at a crossing. A quick "Darf ich?" resulted in
yes:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_2alt1.jpg

Inside Sony Center, a huge office complex/mall in what used to be
no-man's land:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_2alt2.jpg

What Brandenburg Gate looks like when you walk through it:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_2alt3.jpg

...and on the other side:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_2alt4.jpg

Finally, an image from the stunning new rotunda on the Reichstag building:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_2alt5.jpg

In addition to these, I have put together a more complete Berlin gallery at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexberlin.html

Comments and critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands