Subject: [Leica] 2.8 50mm Elmar -- Contact!
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 14:28:13 2005

In a message dated 1/16/05 1:16:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/44.html

Daniel,

I only use my fast Summarit 50mm 1.5 indoors. But outdoors, as you know,
the
2.8 50mm Elmar is first rate and is all but invisible in the M3 viewfinder.
Once in a while the tube would not be locked in, so I'd ruin a roll of film.

Solved that problem by wrapping the tube in black Contact a few winds. I
can't
 collapse the lens now, but every shot is sharp.

Bob