Subject: [Leica] first tries with copex
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jan 16 13:04:50 2005

Simon,
I will follow up on my comments.  For the subject matter at hand, your
images work very well indeed.

Down the road, if the contrast for you is excessive then you need to
reduce your development time, or developer dilution more than you need
to change your agitation pattern.  Agitation changes your trim tabs,
development time is a rudder correction.

First, I would calibrate your thermometer.  If the developer was 1
degree C warmer than you thought then the contrast gain could be there.
A good quick check is to put it in melting ice, if it doesn't read 0
then you have a problem.

Should the thermometer be OK then I would decrease your development time
by 10 percent to see what those negatives look like.  Ultimately, you
will be tuning both your exposure and your development so that the
characteristic curve produces the grayscale that you prefer while
maintaining a clear and a Dmax portion.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com