Subject: [Leica] PAW week 3: Orientation
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Jan 16 02:10:47 2005

g'day all,

my week 3 PAW is another silver print. Summer has been very "patchy"
and with recent rain, I went out and spotted puddles. This first image
is of a well known heritage building near our home. My idea was to make
an image of the "turret" restaurant reflected in the puddle, then
orient it as if you were looking at the original building, ie flip over
and mirror the negative. The result:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/Week3

Helen was at first quite keen, but as I printed alternatives, she ended
up preferring this more original image, which makes it easy to see the
puddle and you then search for the turret.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W3alt1

And here is the original image: I could not decide how much of the
background to include, but I did not like the post on the second island
on the R, so it went.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W3original

Which do you like/dislike, or how would you have shot or cropped.
Comments would be delightful ;-)

Cheers and here's luck

Alastair

Replies: Reply from alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer) ([Leica] PAW week 3: Orientation)