Subject: [Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Jan 15 19:22:15 2005

Hi Seth,

It would be great if you could help make this happen.
I must caution though that my personal interest in
the project is to obtain a "normal" production;
and am against any embellishment that might drive
up the cost.    While some of the LHSA (of which
I am a former member)  editions have great features,
I have always been turned off by the higher prices due
to special engravings, finish, presentation box, etc.

I can certainly gather names of interested LUGGERs.
I don't see that as a problem.   What we do need though
is an estimate of the price.    My guess is that we would not
have any problem at all to find say 200 buyers at $500-$700
per lens.   At $1500, say, we will certainly face some
challenges.

Cheers,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions)