Subject: [Leica]New Nikon SP 2005 Limited Edition Introduced
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jan 14 08:41:41 2005

I had the original ZI Contax cameras for over 30 years.  When I went back to
wanting a RF camera, I looked at owning a Nikon SP.  Then I established that
Leica M3's were cheaper..... Never looked back.....

These collector editions for the Asian market are something I do not
understand.  Why would Nikon be bothered over a few measly million dollars,
given all the R+D as well as production tooling to get the camera into the
small run production.  Sort of like a modern Leica UR.  Why bother?

In any even, I am tired of hearing all the claims and counter claims of what
the new ZI lenses or bodies will do for me.  This will at least broaden the
argument base......Same arguments mind you, but at least a new set of
claims.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net