Subject: [Leica] Re: Flatbed Scanner Recommendation
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Thu Jan 13 20:28:26 2005

Can't remember who it was that asked about flatbed
scanners (and the archive isn't up to date).

I'm extremely fond of my Epson 4870.  Very reasonably
priced.  4800 x 9600 dpi resolution.  Digital ICE.
Produces very smooth tones and exceptional shadow
detail.  Will scan up to 4x5.  Wonderful for MF and
more than acceptable for 35mm.  Much less fiddly and
tempermental than any other scanner I've used.

I've produced 11x14 prints from 35mm scans that look
just fine and will soon be hanging on the walls of my
favorite deli.

--John

=====
J Mason