Subject: [Leica] Film scanner for Linux
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Wed Jan 12 11:01:11 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:37:55 -0800, Jerry Van Brimmer <jevb@runbox.com>
wrote:
> Since Linux is my favorite OS for my computer, does anybody know of a film
> scanner that works with Linux?

I'll second the recommendation for Vuescan.  I run Fedora Core 3 Linux
with a Minolta Dimage IV scanner controlled via vuescan.  It works as
good if not better than the Minolta software on Windows.  Quick,
robust, with full control over the scanner functions.

Now if only I could get my Canon S900 printer to work, I'd have a
complete digital darkroom setup with no need to run Windows.  (BTW,
I've tried TurboPrint and I cannot get decent results for photo
printing with this printer; I'll probably replace the printer soon.)

Glenn

Replies: Reply from jevb at runbox.com (Jerry VanBrimmer) ([Leica] Film scanner for Linux)