Subject: [Leica] The Media Dilemma
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 9 12:08:09 2005

In a message dated 1/9/05 11:35:36 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> As the events are historic in nature, and beyond the mundane needs of
> present day journalism, that was my baseline consideration.
> I treat my digital files as ephemeral, hence disposable.
> --S. Dimitrov
Mr. Dimitrov,

I've had this gnawing feeling ever since digital came to photojournalism
that
it was too good to be true.
Like making some Faustian deal. I just couldn't sign on the dotted line. I
use two fine digital cameras, but I think I know where they belong in the
photographer's scheme of things: the convient SUV or Pickup truck. But for
the long
haul a different vehicle is required: the cross country great train where
you
travel with a ticket in your pocket and true destination marked in your soul
that a historian can find a century later.

Bob