Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: billgem at hotmail.com (Bill Marshall)
Date: Sun Jan 9 03:29:49 2005

>Richard said: "The whole ZI smells a bit too much marketing hype."

True that the 85/2 is the one that will benefit the most from ZI's efforts
to improve focusing precision. But that overlooks the fact that it is a
whole new RF world. Everyone can interchange everyone else's products.
Imagine an SLR world where Nikon users could choose their favorite Canon or
Pentax lens & vice versa. It really doesn't matter if the Zeiss line carries
a 50/1.4 at this time. Once it caught on, CV began churning out a handful of
new lenses every year. The fact that Zeiss isn't producing an ultra-fast
lens right now is irrelevant. Let's just see where this goes.

By the way - just to knit pick - for those who jumped on my comment about
Zeiss speed philosophy, what I said was: "EXCEPT FOR THE OLD SONNARS, the
Zeiss philosophy has never been too involved with the speed race." LOL