Subject: [Leica] Big Leica NY Meeting next week
From: leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy)
Date: Sat Jan 8 10:17:20 2005

Next week I'm told there will be a meeting at Leica USA to discuss, among
other things, a new special edition Leica for 2005.  Enamored with the
meterless MP Classic, my guess is a new meterless M7 Classic for set and
forget AE operation.  OK -- so the newbies aren't confused - that prediction
is a joke.

With one Leica USA price increases from 2% to 4% (depending upon the item)
taking place this month, and another price increase scheduled for July 1st,
Hermes (large Leica stockholder) is rumored to be pushing for higher price
increases prior to July 1st due to the falling dollar.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Big Leica NY Meeting next week)
Reply from lew at speakeasy.net (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Big Leica NY Meeting next week)