Subject: [Leica] Re: Now Arsat/F-Distagon, was Wanted to buy -cheap!
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri Jan 7 20:32:06 2005

Frank:

Except for the rainbow edges to some parts of the pictures, the
lighthouse for example, the Arsat is a very good value and new, it costs
a tenth of the price of a used F-Distagon.  You can see some of that
aberration in 13x13" and larger prints. Especially when a horizon is in
the photo.

I have the TTL prism on the Kiev 60, it's not as accurate as the meter
in the Rollei 6008i but yes, the 60 is inexpensive.  If all you want is
6x6 shots then that Kiev would be a good choice. I've read too many
unhappy comments about the Kiev 88 to get one of those.

I have the F-Distagon on the Rollei so I have a 6x6 solution, but since
I also have the Arsat I want to see what it'll do on the 4x5 format.

 > Is there something in the originals that I have missed in the WEB
pictures?

I don't understand your meaning in the above question.

Jim

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Now Arsat/F-Distagon, was Wanted to buy -cheap!)