Subject: [Leica] B & W photo mag for film users and collectors
From: stasys1 at gte.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sun Jan 2 10:52:22 2005

Hi All- Happy Jan. 2nd. I bought the current issue to kill a rainy day in
LA.

The magazine is "for collectors of fine photography". I like to look at the
images within, and read about the art (peeling paint) photographers. I'm not
really a collector of others photographs per se- but have bought a few in
the past.

The current issue 35, Feb 2005 costs $7.95 plus tax- in the USA. It has a
Kodak coupon for $10 off a $20 purchase of b/w printing paper Kodak
Professional Polycontrast IV RC paper in 8 x10 or 11 X 14 format.

For those of use still using the wet darkroom with our Focomat enlargers-
looks like a free magazine after the paper purchase.

An interesting comment in one of the articles on Bonni Benrubi (a NYC
gallery owner) is "no digital" in her gallery with a few exceptions. Her
main focus is what the camera can do- not the computer manipulation.

I'm still using film- even though I've used and owned a digital camera for 4
years. Both systems have their use. I hope Leica delivers the digital back
in April- or I may be looking for a C____N 20D or similar.

As Kyle would say- keep pressing the shutter button. Stasys