Subject: [Leica] Digital photography and crack cocaine, which is moreaddictive
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sun Jan 2 08:09:30 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 11:29 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> How many of us have moved to digital and or moving in that direction,
> basically dropped using film? It's an almost endless count and those
> who say they're waiting for the R8 back I'm sure will be saying to
> themselves "this is so fantastic I'll never remove the digi back" once
> they get to see what they can do with digital.

Exactly. In a shoot in April 2003 I shot a large group photo in
available light with the then brand new 10D, then took the "serious"
photos with a film body, same lens. When I got the film back and
scanned it, the digital at 800 was so superior to film at 400 that it
ended film for me. Provia F may beat the 20D, but maybe not, in
real-world application.

Awaiting the inquisition now, with the pitchforks and torches.

> My only complaint is............ "it's 40 years too late!" ;-)

Nonsense. Just plan on another 40 years to get even better with this
medium...

That's my line anyway.

Will von Dauster

Message from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Digital photography and crack cocaine,which is more addictive)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Digital photography and crack cocaine,which is more addictive)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Digital photography and crack cocaine,which is moreaddictive)