Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Dec 31 18:17:06 2004

On 28/12/2004, at 4:47 AM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> Mine has the 49mm filter size, and no hood. So I bought a collapsible
> rubber 49mm hood and collapse it when shooting at the 28mm setting.

I did exactly the same, but sometimes forget to collapse it at 28 :-(

> The f/4 setting does make it problematic for indoors or low light. The
> new 40/1.4 from CV is fast and small. It would be a nice complement in
> that it doesn't cost very much.

I always would want a faster lens to go with it, BUT the real reason I
don't travel with it is that I don't completely trust it not to flare.
I prefer to carry 2 other lenes to one which flares, and I just don't
seem to find the time to test the TE with its hood enough to be sure
I'd be "safe".

Alastair

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Best camera/lens choice)
Message from jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Best camera/lens choice)