Subject: [Leica] FS: For Sale Fridays
From: gilgabo at yahoo.com (Gil Gabo)
Date: Fri Dec 31 11:46:25 2004

I am selling the following package:

1) Leica IIIf BD ST body in exc- condition.  Top plate
is very nice with some light superficial scratches;
some strap marks on top plate near lugs.  Bottom plate
showing light scratches and some brassing along the
rear edge only.  Vulcanite is 99% intact and shows
beautifully, with only the smallest piece missing
where the bottom plate hooks onto the body.  Shutter
curtains are light tight, though the second curtain
shows evidence of pin hole repair using a rubberized
coating.  Shutter speeds sound quite accurate and very
consistent, comparable to my M4 (which I know is
accurate after a recent CLA).  Rangefinder patch is
VERY contrasty and properly aligned.  Both rangefinder
and viewfinder windows are exceptionally clear;
plastic bezel is NOT chipped like most you'll find
these days.  Self timer works wonderfully.  Body
includes original body cap.

2) Leica Summitar 50mm f/2.0 lens with exc+ optics
(clear, *maybe* the very slightest hint of haze, no
cleaning marks), exc- barrel cosmetics.  Surprisingly
sharp lens, even at f2 - sharpens up nicely stopping
down.  Focusing movement is very smooth and nicely
damped.  But, aperture ring is stiff - you gotta hold
the front head while changing the aperture to prevent
whole barrel from rotating.  I keep it at F2 and
"fagettaboutit."  Includes original exc+ satin Leica
script cap with felt lining.  Also includes a UV
filter.

3)  Leather shoulder strap - the old school variety
with simple small rings, supple leather (black one
side/orangy-brown on the other).

I just fired off and developed three rolls today taken
from the above combination - exposures are spot on,
sharp images.  Price for above is $425 shipped via
Express Mail Service within the United States.  Paypal
preferred.  See my ebay ID 'cameraitis' for reference.
 Anyone in the vicinity of Plymouth, Michigan is
welcome to inspect.

Happy new year all and stay safe.

Regards,
Gil Gabo