Subject: [Leica] Sontag
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Fri Dec 31 10:17:55 2004

Hello B.D.,

As a bit of a nerd, this whole Sontag discussion, along with references
to Barthes & Benjamim (who them dudes, anyway?), was not of interest to
me. Your comment below, however, caught my eye.

Are you suggesting that Marx advocated Slavery, Imperialism and
Colonialism? I thought these notions pre-dated Mark by a couple of
centuries.

Regards,
Akhil

SNIP

Will she be remembered as a social philosopher on a par with Karl Marx?
Of course not - she did not provide the philosophical underpinnings for
a movement that was responsible for the deaths of literally hundreds of
millions of human beings around the Globe. ;-)

SNIP

---