Subject: [Leica] Leica R 28mm f2.8 -> CameraQuest -> Canon 1Ds MK2 ???? (and others)
From: myerspete at earthlink.net (Pete Myers)
Date: Thu Dec 30 14:21:41 2004

Dear LUG:

We are trying to compile a list of known Leica R lenses that will
successfully shoot on the Canon 1Ds MK2 via CameraQuest Adapter. The
list is being complied on Rob Galbraith's forum under the Canon 1Ds
group.

If you have an information to add and can confirm operation from close
focus to infinity with full mirror clearance, please send me a direct
email at:

pete@petemyers.com

I would be most grateful for your help.

Of particular interest is if the R 28mm f2.8 ROM will clear the mirror
at infinity when on the 1Ds MK2 via CameraQuest adapter.

So far:

R 60mm f2.8 YES
R35mm f2 YES
R35mm f2.8 YES
R28mm f2.8 Unknown
R28PC 2.8 YES
R35mm-70mm f2.8 NO
R19 YES with modification to lens

Again, if you can add to the list with accurate information, please
email me directly as I am not monitoring LUG at the moment.

Happy New Year and kind regards,

Pete Myers
Fine Arts Photographer
Santa Fe, NM