Subject: [Leica] Second printer? Talk me into/out of it. . .
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 22:02:15 2004

I suggest that you go with Canon i9900 for color. Superb prints up to
13x19.
Under $500. Honestly, do you think you could be happy with  color prints
from
a local lab? You're a Leica snob; you'd never be  satisfied. And you know
that you don't have to take my word for it.

I bought the i9100, an excellent color printer, about this time last  year.
Which was also about six stinkin' weeks before the notably  superior i9900
was
introduced--at the same price. My point? Dig deep into  Canon Moledom to
make
sure something similar isn't about to happen. And,  no, they don't offer
sweetheart upgrade discounts for people who  bought the outgoing model six
weeks
before the updated model was  introduced. Not even six minutes before, I'm
bettin'.

I haven't seen b&w output from the i9900. I do know that b&w from  my HP
8450
is real b&w, unlike the slightly color-cast(ed) prints from the  i9100. The
HP's major shortcoming is that print sizes are limited to 8.5x11.  However,
because I've had my 8450 for about six weeks, now, I figure a new 13x19
model
will be introduced, soon.

So, if you love your Epson for b&w, keep it and have a look at the  i9900.
Oh, heck, it's almost new year; do something positive for the GNP. Buy  the
Canon and the HP. Tell people how you're such a big dog photodude that  you
actually worked the trusty Epson into retirement.

-Chris Lawson

 pklein@2alpha.net writes:

2. Go for a newer printer, either just for color, or for both B&W  and color
(the Canons).