Subject: [Leica] M7 Jammed.
From: skrneta at mindspring.com (Sam Krneta)
Date: Mon Dec 27 11:05:47 2004

Trying to advance the film the lever locked (jammed) before it had completed
the full range of operation. Shutter button locked. I was able to rewind the
film that was in camera. The camera is metering. I looked in the take-up
reel compartment and there appears to be a metal (silver) O-ring that is
visible at the top of the take up reel. Is this normally visible or has it
broken or slipped off the shaft? The actual take-up reel rotates in booth
directions. Anyone have a similar experience? I wanted feedback before I
ship it off to get repaired. The other part of the equation would be parts
availability; I recall a thread about Leica not selling parts to independent
dealers. Does this mean it must go to Leica? Thanks, Sam

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] M7 Jammed.)