Subject: [Leica] Re: Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 & CV 40 1.4 !
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Dec 26 15:03:17 2004

At 3:19 PM -0800 12/25/04, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Have you tried a CL/CLE?  I bet that would work just fine......
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

Now to my mind, _that_ is an awkward solution. I don't want a CL or
CLE or the hassles of keeping it alive. I had a CL but got rid of it
after a number of servicing issues.

I'm an M only user except for a Bessa L for my 15, and yet I have
absolutely no problems with adapters. A drop of blue loctite does the
trick for me, and I could, if necessary, remove them again. So now
the lenses are M lenses as much as anything made by Leica, and as it
happens, all line up at 12 o'clock and work well. The 35/1.2, and
possibly the 40/1.4 (I can't recall how big the rear element is from
Photokina) need the slightly larger M mount opening to work,
otherwise they would be LTM lenses as well. I think Mr. Kobayashi did
exactly the right thing, and I don't believe he will lose many sales
at all because of it. Certainly not to me.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design