Subject: [Leica] Re: Noctilux FA now for sale
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Dec 25 16:26:24 2004

> Sorry about the earlier post, I will offer it to members. I can end
> auction if anyone has a reasonable offer. Thanks.

No need. I guess the eBay policy is something that needs to be explained
every few months. It's mentioned in the messages sent out every Friday by
John Collier, but (brevity being valuable) just stated and not explained.

The LUG tries not to be a marketplace. There are so many other places to buy
and sell cameras. Anybody who is trying to buy or sell photographic gear
knows how to find them. If you have something for sale on eBay, that's just
fine. We don't mind a bit, and we don't insist that you offer it for sale
here first. That would be a pretty vain policy, I think.

What we ask is that the LUG not be used as a forum to advertise or promote
commercial ventures elsewhere, be they eBay auctions or camera stores or
studios. There are a number of camera-store owners subscribed to the LUG,
and they don't need to advertise their stores. We see that they are good
people by the way that they participate in the LUG, and we know about their
stores because it's often in their signature line or mentioned from time to
time (in a non-advertising way) in their online
presence.

We ask that if you use the LUG to sell something, that you limit your sales
pitch to Fridays. We ask that if you do not use the LUG to sell something,
that you just leave us out of it. We know how to find eBay if we want to.

Thanks for listening.
Brian Reid
Saloon keeper

Replies: Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] Re: Noctilux FA now for sale)