Subject: [Leica] speaker corner new work
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 22 06:02:42 2004

Brian Stevens showed new stuff and more!
> Few more from the past few weeks, got a bit of a flag theme going...
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-77935.html
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-78259.html
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-78260.html
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-78263.html
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-78297.html
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/image-77936.html
> > obviously these will be edited down to a couple
> > complete folder here
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/folder-4669.html
> > some new stop the war stuff here
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/folder-7479.html
> > and some new shi'ite stuff here
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/folder-7433.html

Brian as usual .... Smashing good photography! Naw, make that smashing great
captured moments!!!!!

"What an eye for timing! Tremendous learning tool for everyone on list.

Seeing a moment is ok, but it's "seeing and capturing the precise moment is
what this is all about!" Damn yer good! :-)

When a new comer joins the LUG it should be suggested if they want to see
what using a Leica is all about take time to study this. ....

Brian's portfolio.  " http://www.leica-gallery.net/bds/folder-4669.html

What's so powerful about this series of pictures is... they are not just
"street photography grabbed moments along the way with no relevance one unto
the other, each one stands on it's own. But as a collection it's WOW! It's
such moving photography that each time you post new material I go through
it, then one more time, I go through the complete portfolio. And once again
I'm in awe of your eye and hitting the button right on the mark.

Sure Speaker's Corner in London is the Mother-lode of picture possibilities.
However, no matter how good it is for picture possibilities, if the
photographer isn't sharp of eye and shutter release the split second is
lost. And it isn't just the people pictures that's so amazing, it's all the
small detail photography that helps tell the story.

Brian when it becomes a book I'm on for a few copies right off the press! As
they'd make wonderful gifts for photographer friends. Keep it up, as you've
too many very special photographs here to loose the faith and not finish it.

First class mon ami!

ted