Subject: [Leica] focusing the 20D with R lenses
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Dec 21 16:35:41 2004

Brian Sledz asked:

> Hello All,
> For you guys who done the deed of the 20D and R lenses, what are you
> finding the limits are focusing faster lenses.  I like using the 50ish
> f1.4 but thinking it could be tougher for closer distances.<<<<<

Hi Brian,
I shot with the Apo 280, 2.8 lens yesterday and could still focus quite
easily stopped down to f 8.0 because the 20D screen is much brighter than
expected. Sure it would be great if it were as large and bright as the R8.
It isn't but it works very well.

I also shot with the Leica 21mm-35mm, the 35-70 and 50 1.4 piece of cake
wide open any of them. Even 2 stops down and it was fine. I didn't need to
go any smaller so never tried it. But stopped down to f 8.0  any lens I
tried was fine. I suppose indoors it might be different but then how often
does one shoot stopped to f 8.0 inside? Unless you've got lots of movie
lighting set up, but 5.6 or 8.0 was ok.

I just received two more adapters from Stephen Gandy today so now I'm ready
to rock and roll with Leica glass when the mood hits me. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from brianhome at linkus.net (Brian Sledz) ([Leica] focusing the 20D with R lenses)