Subject: [Leica] It's about light
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Dec 21 00:00:08 2004

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> > Hi Peter,
> > I was out walking around yesterday at noon and saw something similar:
> >
> > http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/04v51-0001.jpg (mailboxes)

Aha!  Great minds think alike. . .   :-)  I like the symmetry of the boxes,
and the non-symmetry of the light on them, and the tree.

What really attracted me about my mailboxes was the way the golden light
reflected a different color off of each of the boxes.

> > This is how far the sun gets up at noon. This is almost right on the
> > minute. The shops were just opening:
> >
> > http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/04v51-0002.jpg (Varberg at noon)

We had this conversation last year.  You get about 8.5 degrees in
Goteberg.  We get about 19 in Seattle.  I don't know which city is
cloudier, but I suspect Seattle is.  So we can be equally miserable in
slightly different ways.  And we take pictures anyway.  :-)

Graham wrote:
>The only bit of colour for miles:
>http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Postbox.htm

Wow, Graham, the box has your initials on it!   :-)    Great Christmas
colors, too!

--Peter