Subject: [Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Dec 17 17:53:30 2004

Didier Ludwig showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open

>>I was focusing on the goal's net, when this boy
> suddenly wooshed through my frame.<<<<<

Hi Didier,
Sorry mate I think you should've let him " wooshed " right through the frame
and out the other side! And saved the frame for another day.  Whether the
shot is sharp or not is only part of the point. I realize many of us judge
our work as "in the eye of the beholder." Whether we like it or not or what
others may think.

However, if you are really serious about developing/improving your M
handling skills this is the kind of frame you chalk up to "oooops!!!!!!!!"
And file it in the out basket. Showing it to others when we already know
you're more skilled as a photographer than this illustrates, only pulls your
photographer image down.

Without question editing our own work is the hardest chore for any of us and
yes sometimes I'll select a shot I like and Sandy Carter my photographer
associate brings me down to earth with one question, trust me and does it
ever work. The question is..... "Is this one of your all time best 10
pictures?"

Obviously at times one is humiliated by the question, but in truth if we
answer honestly we'd have to say...... "NO!"  Therefore, the exposure is put
aside or dumped to file 13 and the outbasket.

So good sir I leave you with one question... "Is this one of your all time
best 10 pictures?"

ted

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open)