Subject: [Leica] Odd behaviour on stopdown metering on an SL2
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Dec 17 15:55:00 2004

I've detected odd behaviour on stopdown metering on an SL2.

I focus fully open and align the meter needle to the follower.

Then I press the iris stopdown.  As expected, the light in the
viewfinder dims, but the meter needle moves out of the follower.

So my question is, why does the meter needle move?

Yes, the image gets dimmer, but the lens cams should have gotten the
meter needle to be at the correct place, relative to the follower.

Am I doing something wrong?

regards
Vick