Subject: [Leica] Daniel's PAW
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Dec 16 21:01:04 2004

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> But I'm really not very principled about the choice between digital and
> film. I use what I have at hand.
>
> My irrational choice is: b/w - Leica, color - digital.

Daniel, that is very rational. Color is where digital really shines. I
am in the process of looking through a bunch of images I took during a
very long evening (or night) at a bar in Seville last week. The colors
are mostly garish, the light being a mix of tungsten, fluorescent and
whatnot. But during the RAW conversion I can make them look pretty
decent, and these were all shot at f1.4 and ISO 1600--I doubt that I
could get those results with color film. And on some images I simply
slide the saturation slider to -100% and voila--I have a nice B&W image.
Shooting RAW really gives you a lot of options.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands