Subject: [Leica] Re: What happened to the Leica link that looked up whether a black camera was authentic?
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Wed Dec 15 08:45:11 2004

Bob Lanjahr wrote:

    Vick,
    Hold on, not necessarily so, like Greg Lorenzo mentioned the Leica
M2 in
    question just might fall outside the normal serial number sequence.
If this
    is the case it would have to authenticated, and *if* that were the
case it
    be even more collectible.
    Greg and I have both seen abnormalities within Leica serial numbers,
both
    with cameras and lenses. Nothing with Leica is black and white.

Ever try to figure out the one about  "How many black paint SL MOTs
were made?"

I think all the serial #'s I've seen are registered as chrome SL
numbers, and some are from years before MOTs were ever produced.

As someone on this list said,  years ago,  "Will We Ever Know The
Truth?"

In fact, I think it was that kind of humor, which I discovered during a
Google search for this info, that led me to join this list.

Bob Palmieri