Subject: [Leica] New RD-1 photos for comment
From: alexglissan at hotmail.com (Alexander Glissan)
Date: Tue Dec 14 20:18:31 2004

Love the shots, candid and well composed isd that 1600 asa from the RD1? but
how do they look when compared to a film shot (interested, not being
critical) can you see a discernable difference between say a DSLR and an RD1
with your leica glass on it? I think when reduced in size and posted many
shots from digicams or even scanned film is hard to effectively judge.
Someone told me = a 6mp DSLR gives way better photos than a "prosumer cam"
of roughly the same capability(mp wise). I just wonder sometimes whether the
sensor is the "bottleneck" in the system or do they have a better resolving
power than the glass etc. I have been thouroughly unimpressed and
disenchanted after a foray into digital via a minolta dimage 7Hi and wonder
if it is worth the risk paying for a DSLR or RD1......

Alex

Searching for that dream home? Try   http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au  for
all your property needs.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] New RD-1 photos for comment)