Subject: [Leica] handicapped
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 08:07:28 2004

In a message dated 12/14/2004 9:45:03 A.M. Central Standard Time,
cmbrow@wm.edu writes:
In what sense?  I don't believe that you feel that  "handicapped" folk
shouldn't own Hummers, or that the condition of being  "handicapped"
prohibits one from owning any sort of vehicle one chooses--so  the irony
can't reside there.  It may be, considering that there's no  visible
marking on the license plate nor visible hangtag, that the  Hummer's
illegally parked, which does form an ironical juxtaposition, but it  is
impossible to discern this in the photo alone.  Or, perhaps,  finally,
you intend to suggest that *anyone* who would buy a Hummer is in  someway
"handicapped," but it requires a far stretch or the imagination,  I
think, to light confidently on this interpretation: again, based  solely
on the image offered.

Cheers,

Chandos

You asked, and I answered irony.   As to whether handicapped  shouldn't own
hummers, I don't particularly care.

It seemed an  interesting and unusual vehicle for someone with a handicap to
drive, especially  since it takes a good deal of effort to hoist even a
healthy body up and  in.  (I know a good deal about the subject of
handicapped
drivers.)

It was parked quite legally with  a hangtag on the mirror.   Later I thought
that a more interesting shot might have been with the 21mm  head on.

In my neck of the woods I see some strange vehicular  sights, and when I see
them, I shoot  them;

http://www.sonc.com/yellow_flathead_yellow_boats1.htm

http://www.sonc.com/orange.htm

http://www.sonc.com/hootenanny.htm