Subject: [Leica] R3A
From: alex at hellofan.com (Alex Fan)
Date: Sat Dec 11 02:28:18 2004

Yesterday,  I have tried the R3A in a shop.  I found the build quality is
quite well and solid, easy to operate.  The LED shutter speed indication
is quite useful.  The framelines selection switch is convenient at the
camera top.  The view finder is clear and bright but seems not as bright
as a M6.  Focusing is easy. The film advance is not as smooth as M's.

The view from the finder is very natural, it works well with both eyes
open just like viewing without using view finder.  This is the most
attractive feature of the 1:1 finder.

The shutter sound is quite loud compare to M's which I think may be the
only issue of using this beautiful camera in quiet place. I don't have any
Hexar RF,  I don't know how it compare with an Hexar RF.

Alex

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] R3A)