Subject: [Leica] Rigid
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Tue Dec 7 14:06:11 2004

On Dec 7, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Michiel Fokkema wrote:

> Ruben wrote:
>> describing older Leica lenses I sometimes see the word Rigid
>> mentioned - Looking the word up in the dictionary only confuses me -
>> is it just that it is not a collapsable lens or ???

The term usually refers to the second optical version of the 2/50
Summicron.
The 'rigid' and DR (dual range) share the same optical formula, except
the DR can focus below 1 meter using a set of corrective goggles.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Message from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] Rigid)