Subject: [Leica] HELP! Leica Meter MR fix needed.
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Mon Dec 6 20:32:06 2004

I'm using the MR-9 adapter, with a 386 battery, in my Leica Meter MR.  I
just installed a new battery and when doing a battery check, I have to
press down on the battery for the needle to swing to the check dot.  If
I close the battery cover door, there doesn't seem to be enough pressure
to hold the battery firmly against the contacts, and I don't get a
"good" battery reading.

Anybody got any thoughts or suggestions?  The MR-9 with a 386 battery
looks to be exactly the same thickness as an old PX 625 battery I have.
Do the 3 contact prongs need to be pulled up slightly, or some sort of
shim inserted?

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Ken Frazier