Subject: [Leica] HP7960 now the HP8450
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Sat Dec 4 06:24:52 2004

BD & Carl -

I've been using a 7960 as a dedicated B&W 8x10-ish printer.  One of the
frustrating things about the driver (and the reason I'm still using my
Epson for color) is that it doesn't allow the insertion of
user-generated profiles; I wonder if the follow-up machine has
addressed this?

By the way BD (and anyone else who feels good about their output with
this printer)- could you share with the group the settings you're using
for "color" management in Photoshop (I'm assuming you're using
Photoshop and we all know about assumptions...) and the print driver
(mac or pc) to get these stellar results in B&W?

Also, if you've had good luck on the color side I'd be interested in
those settings as well.

Also, the premium plus paper really swells in the black areas, as I
suppose is to be expected from the process they use...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] HP7960 now the HP8450)