Subject: [Leica] WANTED: Film back part for my R8. Sources?
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 2 12:11:53 2004

Eric, if you received no reply from Leica NJ there must be a  reason. I have
found them to be a little bureaucratic -- like lots of German  companies --
but they are almost universally responsive to your needs.
   Assuming he's still there and still handling parts inquiries,  try Dave
Elwell @ 201-767-7500 Extension 225 [an old phone number that may have
changed.]
   You can also try Leica in Solms, Germany, which says:

Leica Camera has spare parts in stock for products that were built within
the last 30 years, and even before. Our representatives are available to
give
you the information and advice you may need, in order for your older Leica
products to achieve the utmost in optical ability. Leica Camera has spare
parts
in stock for products that were built within the last 30 years, and even
before.  Our representatives are available to give you the information and
advice
you may  need, in order for your older Leica products to achieve the utmost
in
optical  ability.

You can reach Leica NJ at the following  address:

Leica USA
Northvale, New Jersey
800-222-0118
_www.leicacamerausa.com/_ (http://www.leicacamerausa.com/)
You can reach Leica, Solms at this address:

Leica Camera AG
Customer Service
Solmser Gewerbepark 8
35606  SOLMS
This was on the same page so maybe he can help :

                    Ingo Molkentin
_ingo.molkentin@leica-camera.com  _ (mailto:ingo.molkentin@leica-camera.com)
Regards, bob  cole