Subject: [Leica] Some images from Thanksgiving in Minneapolis
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Dec 1 11:35:34 2004

GeeBee wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> The first shot has an air of unreality. Cars like toys, monochromed by the
> snow and only a trace of colour in the yellow lines. I looked at it for
> ages
> and on several occasions. Mesmeric!

Adam,

I completely agree. I have done the same thing - several times over. YOu are
hit
by the not-quite-B&W which is somewhat unreal and then the colour comes
through,
but it only adds to the scene; it doesn't swamp it in anyway, just
beautifully
balanced.

My daughter came in and pronounced it "Coooooollll!!!!". THAT is high praise
indeed :-)

Many thanks for posting it.

Peter Dzwig

Message from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Some images from Thanksgiving in Minneapolis)