Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving with the Leica
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Nov 30 21:44:56 2004

Richard:  Yes, indeed, the highlights are a bit too hot.  The lab's Noritsu
scans were that way, with the whites kind of compressed at the top of the
scale.  Actually, this is better than most non-pro labs.  They usually just
blow them completely.

There's plenty of detail on the negs.  The faces in "Cellphones are Evil"
are a bit overexposed, but just need a little burning in.  Nothing I can't
handle if I scan them in 16-bit myself. I haven't had time. So I just
posted the Noritsu scans with a quick batch sizing and very mild sharpening.

Eventually I will scan some of these for printing, and probably repost
some.  I haven't gotten such a good picture of my Dad in years.

--Peter

At 06:48 AM 11/29/04 -0800, Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:
>Hey Peter, nice pics. However on my monitor, a number of them looks like
>the highlights are too hot?

I posted:

Replies: Reply from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Thanksgiving with the Leica)