Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Module R
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Tue Nov 30 11:40:07 2004

>I was skeptical of the ability to see differences with my 6MP Canon
>DSLR, but it was clear as day when I compared the cheapo 18-55 that
>came with the lens to the nice 17-40 L lens, or the 50mm f2.5 macro.
>The better lenses simply resolve more detail, and it shows in the
>digital images, close-up and at infinity. The overall look is different
>too; I am sure I would see the differences if I tried some fine Leica
>glass on the camera (but I have no EOS - R adapter).
>
>Cheers!
>- marc

My experience says that as I was climbing up in resolution from 3Mpxels of
EOS D30 to 17Mpxels of EOS 1Ds I've  found more necessity of good lenses.
Even more than with films, so I suppose that Leica R lenses will produce
excellent results in EOS high resolution cameras, better results as  bigger
resolution has the camera. I was prepared for using my Leica R lenses in my
EOS 1Ds but I've found that L lenses from Canon are excellent with digital
Canon DSLR  and I enjoy automatic everything. For all of you with a good
arsenal of R lenses a EOS digital body is a good solution.

Felix

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] Re: Digital Module R)