Subject: [Leica] Digital Module R
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Nov 29 09:50:27 2004

I have an R8 and two M6's. I travelled over Thanksgiving, took the two
M6's with me and three lenses. I couldn't do that with the R8 so
easily. It, and its lenses, are too vast and heavy. That's not a "bad
on you" for the R8 - it's a fact of life for the 35mm SLR (or digital
equivalent) world. It's those big heavy lenses. I might be happy with
a 28-90mm f2 lens but it will be huge too. So I take my f2 35, 50, and
f2.8 90 and two M bodies, a light meter and flash, with a LOT of film
and it travels with no problem at all.

That's the downside of the R8 and the reason I only use it landscape
and wildlife photography and not for something more casual. But the
same applies to the 10D as well. A digital M would let me lose one
body, (I can adjust ISO so don't need multiple backs for different
film).

Sigh. Mid-decade I suppose. But in the meantime I shoot and scan a lot of
film!

I agree with Gene about the joy of the R8 to use though - the
ergonomics are perfect. Canon just doesn't get it.

Adam

Replies: Reply from grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) ([Leica] Digital Module R)
Message from grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) ([Leica] Digital Module R)