Subject: [Leica] copex question
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Sun Nov 28 16:23:53 2004

> Simon,
> Hi Simon,
>
> >Hallo i will have to devellop some rolls of agfa copex shortly
> >Would anyone care to offer any advice?
>
> One of the best developers for Copex is the Gigabit developer sold in kits
> with rolls of Copex re-named as 'Gigabit'.  The developer can be bought on
> its own from Fotoimpex in Berlin (Mirko and his crew offer great service).
>
> Technidol also works, though I don't have any information on times.  I
> wonder if Kodak will stop making Technidol now that TechPan has been
> discontinued?
>
> POTA or any of the other low-contrast developers also work.  At a pinch
you
> can use Rodinal 1+300, Xtol 1+5 or C41 developer, but I've never had much
> luck with highly dilute developers and copy films.  Others have shown me
> magnificent results that they have obtained with C41 developer, but when I
> tried it, the results just looked plain strange to me.
>
> I know you like Techpan and have got some great results with it, but I
can't
> help but wonder why anyone would try to get pictorial results from slow,
> slow, slow copy films when Delta 100, Fuji Acros and Xtol exist.
>
> Later,
>
> Marty
Sorry i overlooked your questions earlier.
Techpan is the film i hoped to try once for a long time.None of the labs
around here process it.It was the first film i developped and apart from the
enormous amount of spots i got from dropping the film on a quite untidy
piece of garden shed floor , it was the first film i found dead easy to scan
on my nikon scanner.
All the defaults in vuescan worked ok.I tried T max 100 and across and had
them developped by a local pro lab but the lack of contrast together with
the absence of my ps skills made them hard to work with.Recently i tried the
chromogenic films which i dont like for lack of resolution(even my 4000 dpi
consumer scanner clearly shows that deficiency) and tri x which i could not
handle as well.
So..it,s all a coincidence really.
thanks again for your reply.
simon jessurun,amsterdam,the netherlands