Subject: [Leica] Digital Story & cows. ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Nov 27 18:59:36 2004

Jim Shulman offered:
>Today I went to my favorite local camera shop, where a friend was
> purchasing a new DSLR.  The clerk was demonstrating all the various modes
> of
> operation: raw, tiff, jpg, etc.  I noted that my old M3 worked well in a
> la mode.
>"I've never heard of that one.  What kind of file does that make?" asked my
>friend. "No file.
>That's when I dropped a vanilla ice cream cone on top of the camera, wiped
>it off,
>and kept shooting away."<<<<<<<

Dan C asked:
>>Does chocolate work as well?<<<<<

Mark Rabiner offered:
>It ties the things together "cameras are tools don't baby them use them"
>with the unbeatable beauty of low tech.<<<<<<<

Well now I'm sure many of you re-call my unfortunate cow encounter with an
M6 a few years ago. ;-) So I wonder how the cow "dung spray" over the M6 and
myself would apply if it were unleashed over a digital camera? ;-)

I mean after all, I just wiped the rather smelly stuff off the M6 and had no
choice but to keep on shooting. ;-)

A digital well covered and some what saturated with this unfortunate
encounter of cow dung one would have to wonder if it would effect the digi
camera?  As it didn't do "dung all" to the M6, but make it a rather smelly
bit of a camera to this day if used on an extremely "warm day!" :-) But it
still continues to work! :-)

Digital and electronics? ;-) Any volunteers? ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Digital Story & cows. ;-))
Message from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Digital Story)