Subject: [Leica] Digital Story
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Nov 27 18:03:07 2004

On 11/27/04 12:44 PM, "Jim Shulman" <jshul@comcast.net> typed:

> Today I went to my favorite local camera shop, where a friend was
> purchasing
> a new DSLR.  The clerk was demonstrating all the various modes of
> operation:
> raw, tiff, jpg, etc.  I noted that my old M3 worked well in a la mode.
> "I've never heard of that one.  What kind of file does that make?" asked my
> friend.
> "No file.  That's when I dropped a vanilla ice cream cone on top of the
> camera, wiped it off, and kept shooting away."
>

> Jim Shulman
> Bryn Mawr, PA

This is just too excellent!

I think I've heard the phrase/concept "dropped a vanilla ice cream cone on
it - wiped it off, and kept shooting away." before and it was great alone
even before the digital mode thing made it ever so much more meaningful.

It ties the things together "cameras are tools don't baby them use them"
with the unbeatable beauty of low tech.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon