Subject: [Leica] Re: Sean Reid's R-D1 review
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Thu Nov 25 19:20:09 2004

Hmmm, 2 of these suckers would make wedding gear allot lighter. Carrying
Nikons to shoot digital where I used to carry M6's is tough on the back
after a few hrs.

I'd like TTL flash, but the RD-1 seems to be made for available light, oh
the good old days.

B&W mode and 1000iso, sweet.

RAW buffer of only 2-3, not the best but still useable.

Finally a viewfinder on a non-SLR digital camera one can use!

Price - okay. M7 would set you back almost that much. But then you need to
still buy lots of film. 2gb Card shoots 600 high jpegs over and over again.

Of course the M7 will last at least 20 years with good handling.

Chris