Subject: [Leica] Agfa poof!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Nov 25 01:04:50 2004

On 11/24/04 8:41 PM, "David Mason" <masonster@gmail.com> typed:

> The vinyl analogy doesnt work for me. For the most part good film is
> not far and away superior to not-so-good film. Vinyl is different.
> Good vinyl sound GREAT, bad vinyl sounds really bad. Right before CDs
> came out vinyl coming out of major labels was absolutely horrible.
> They were using the worst possible materials and production methods.
> Film just hasn't gone down that road, thank goodness.
>
> Just my opinions on it.
>
> Dave

This months professional photographer magazine (something like that a new
one) talks in a funny article about the vinyl analogy.

He says to the effect: "Vinyl's still alive! My wife brought home five today
a dollar each from a thrift store. I remembered where the pennies go on the
tone arm and everything!"

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon