Subject: [Leica] Re:photographic supplies
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 21:20:13 2004

speaking as a newspaper reporter, it sounds to me as if you are talking to
"the guys at the shop who heard it from someone else who heard it from
someone
else" who, most likely, heard it from the same people the first guy did.

In these situations rumors are rampant -- it is best to not waste time
talking to people in individual shops and go straight to the company, which
the news
items seem to have done.

Do you really think the photo industry can let go a third of the market
share
in the world? Ilford's production will be taken up, probably by someone who
buys it at a garage sale price and doesn't have the debt that ilford does
now.
Inthe long run this will be good for everyone.

c trentelman

Replies: Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] Salgado Article)